A blog of the work I'm doing on my Legion of Everblight army for the Kooinda Gaming Klub slow growth 2013

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Ice bases... Start!

So, for this years Kooinda Minda slow growth, I'm going to be making a Legion of Everblight army. I've started with the battlebox (PLylyth, 4 Shredders & a Carnivean.) as well as a Strider Deathstalker, a Nephilim Soldier and Saeryn. I also have Anyssa Ryvaal on the way, since the Blighted Nyss Raptors are the main reason I want to play Legion (they just look so f-ing cool). I decided that I want to have the army mounted on top of chunks of ice for their bases, possibly with things trapped in the ice, so here's what I've done for them so far.

Since I want clear blocks of ice and things suspended in them I have to make things from scratch, so I've sculpted up some ice-looking shapes out of Super-Sculpey.

Then I made some Pinky-sil moulds of the bases, including the actual base (this, hopefully, helps to give the bases more depth and more ability for me to manipulate the colour visible in the ice)

After making copies with clear resin they appear to come out with a yellowish hue.

So I painted the underside if the bases blue as to reflect the colour back up through the ice.

I've then highlighted the edges up from ice-blue through to white on the tips and painted a white rim around the base (to reflect more light within) before painting my arcs on.

I've also put an old empire soldier in the ice if the large base, both for aesthetics and to hide the pin from my Carnivean.











1 comment:

  1. Raptors? More like moose riders.
    Bases look good put a small amount of blue in the resin to get rid of the yellow.

    ReplyDelete